Event organizers can easily create custom tabs, complete with custom names and icons, in order to embed almost any 3rd party tool or website that supports external embedding inside their events.
Impact on ongoing events
This feature will only have an impact if an event organizer actively creates custom tabs inside their event.
How it works
Admin Panel: Follow Brella’s recommended custom page embedding process
Our recommended custom page embedding process allows event organizers to securely embed any 3rd party tool or website in their event. If this process doesn’t work, we have a simpler fallback legacy embedding process, that offers less secure embedding.
Start the process in the “Custom Pages” tab in the event’s Admin Panel.
Follow the 3-step process to embed content securely. The steps are as follows:
- Compatibility test: Brella will automatically check whether the entered URL can be successfully embedded in the event.
- Insert Brella code: If event organizers (or their associated developers) have access to the tool or website, they should enter Brella’s custom code, to ensure a more responsive and uniform experience for all attendees who view the embedded content. When the “Check for Brella code” button is pressed, Brella will search for the inserted code at the URL to be embedded.
- Note: If the code cannot be inserted, we recommend our fallback “legacy” embedding method.
- Preview: Preview the resulting embed, and customize additional settings, such as:
- Visibility settings: including which user groups at an event can see the newly inserted page
- Sidepanel integrations: Event organizers can opt to add additional sidepanel integrations, including chat, Slido and more — alongside the primary embed
- Page name & icon
Web App: Attendees in authorized user groups can view the newly added pages
Learn more about this feature
Help Center articles will be added here on the release date. Stay tuned!