Hybrid events on Brella will better support attendees joining from multiple time-zones, and offer an improved attendee experience on all devices.
Impact on ongoing events
This release will have a minor impact on any ongoing or upcoming hybrid events. No actions need to be taken by organizers to prevent disruption to their events.
How it works
Web Apps and Native iOS / Android Apps
The time-zone logic will depend on the Attendance type of an attendee. This means that, if the event type is set to "Hybrid", Brella will automatically define which time-zone to use, based on the user group an attendee has been assigned to.
For groups with an in-person attendance type :
- Brella will display the time in the event’s time-zone.
- Brella won't ask attendees to select a time-zone.
For groups with a virtual or hybrid attendance type:
- Brella will display the time in both Event’s time-zone & attendees' time-zone
- Brella will ask attendees to choose an appropriate time-zone
Native iOS / Android Apps
The native iOS and Android apps will be updated to:
- Ensure that all attendees joining the event from a native app are automatically assigned to a group (bug-fix)