Affects: Web AppAffects: iOS / Android AppsAffects: Admin Panel
Control which attendees can book meetings with your VIPs
June 15th 2022
- Event organizers can control which user groups can network with each other — allowing a brand new world of monetization options and control over the networking process, especially for VIPs and sponsors.
- Attendees in any affected user groups will not be able to send open chats and meeting requests to any attendees outside of any user groups that they are allowed to network with.
Impact on ongoing events
This feature will only impact events if an event organizer actively enables meeting limits for user groups. However, please note that some UI changes may be visible even when the meeting limits feature is left unused.
How it works
Admin Panel: Define which other user groups a particular user group can chat and network with
For each user group, event organizers can decide to enable the “Eligible groups” option. This can be set to:
- Anyone (networking is allowed with any attendee)
- No one (networking requests can’t be sent to anyone / they can only be received from other groups)
- Specific groups (meeting and open chat requests can be sent to the specified groups only — requests from unapproved groups can still be received and accepted)
Web App: Attendees can only initiate chat and meeting requests with members from eligible user groups
The “Best matches” sub-tab in the “People” tab will only show eligible matches.
The “All attendees” sub-tab in the “People” tab will show all attendees — however, attendees from ineligible user groups will have the “Connect” button greyed out.
Learn more about this feature
Help Center articles will be added here on the release date.